Are you ready to take your new website to the top of search engine results pages (SERPs)? Well, look no further than implementing the first steps of SEO! It’s no secret that optimizing your website for search engines is crucial to any successful online presence. It all starts with conducting keyword research, creating high-quality content, optimizing your website’s structure, and building high-quality backlinks. Discerning the best Search Engine Optimization practices for a new website is crucial because, without it, no one will know your site even exists.
Newcomers' Ten-Step Recipe to Success
Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing navigate users to websites and content that are pertinent to what they, people, are searching for. These engines look at several factors to decide which site should be ranked higher in search engine results pages. Therefore, the content must be relevant, reliable and useful so that your visitors and other websites can relate.
In addition to it, the performance of the website also matters. Your website needs to be user-friendly and interactive. These and many other factors determine how a new website’s ranking is enhanced on Google and other search engines. What follows below determines what SEO steps should be implemented so the site has what search engines seek. More SEO tips and tools are available, but these are the ones we find helpful, and experts recommend for getting started for a new website.
- Be mindful when selecting your domain name because it is one of the ranking factors search engines surveys to see what the page is about. So go for something easily recalled, fits your site’s message and contains the main keyword you want the site to rank for.
- Be clear on your goals and offerings. Make sure you are clear on what terms and subject areas need attention since a big part of SEO is how to do keyword research.
- Work out your site’s architecture which will look like a pyramid where the homepage will be at the top and the next important pages, such as the ones on your main menu, go below the homepage. Continue down the pyramid by adding subcategories and individual pages.
- Keep your client in the back of your mind when constructing the website. Make it uncomplicated so they can find what they are looking for by ensuring the pages use the keywords people use when searching for products or services.
- When structuring your website, think about boosting the site’s speed because a fast loading time improves user experience and is one of the ranking component search engine algorithms include. Make sure to evaluate how everything on the site affects loading times.
- SEO web design is an elementary task; however, many of the design’s visual elements need to convert better to how search engine algorithms interpret a website. So make sure these visuals can be indexed by search engines like Google. For example, steer clear of flash animation since it is not indexable, and fill in all accessible metadata with your chosen keywords for any image or video that you add to your website.
- Always optimize the title tags because Google examines this part of your website to study what the page is about. So keep the title tag short and use your target keywords. Not only that, optimize images by putting in keywords you are targeting whilst naming images for SEO. And while you are at it, optimize the text on the web page, too, by circumventing keyword stuffing. Use only your target keywords concerning where it makes sense to add them because search engines detect keyword stuffing, and your website can be penalized for it.
- Make sure to write unique meta descriptions even if they do not affect rankings because these descriptions influence your click-through rates from the search results. Words in your meta description that match up with the terms a person searched for will be in bold; this will then aid in highlighting your result. Use this text to convince the person browsing why your page is worth their click. Try to include the targeted keywords in the description so your webpage winds up with bolded text on the search result page.
- Always have internal links on your website because this communicates what your page is all about to search engines, such as Google. And you do this by anchoring the text. These hyperlinked words are seen by Google communicating how your individual pages are linked to the search engines. As a result, this drives traffic from one page on the website to another. This will also allow visitors to stay on your website longer and minimize the high bounce rate.
- Create an SEO plan for the future. If this seems like a long list, it is, but this is just the beginning. Why? Because SEO is not only an evolving process, it is a lengthy commitment as well. You must continually add value to your website so that your website turns up on search engines when people look for information on your product or service.
SEO is an ongoing process that requires continuous efforts to maintain and improve a website’s ranking. Therefore, working with a reliable and experienced digital marketing agency like Bosh International is important to get the best results. With their 75 years of industry experience and boutique digital marketing services, Bosh International can help businesses of all sizes achieve their digital marketing goals and grow their online presence.
If you want to take your digital marketing efforts to the next level and get high-performing solutions for your business, contact BOSH International today and start your journey towards success!