Content is the flagship of any company’s online marketing strategy. It is a fairly economical way to build brand awareness, intimately related to your potential customers, and capture their attention on your website.
But the question is, do you need content marketing for your startup?
A simple answer would be yes.
This blog will guide you through this journey with practical insights and content marketing tips to help you and your startup succeed. You will acquire the content marketing knowledge to strategise, develop, and measure your progress effectively.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is one of the best approaches to reaching your goals and doing it quickly. Startups can benefit from content marketing by growing mailing lists, attracting regular visitors, developing a community and setting benchmarks to capture new customers.
However, without a content marketing strategy, you may be misusing or even wasting your resources because you won’t have a way to measure your results. Several reasons should be considered for starting a content marketing strategy, but we will start with just a few for now.
- When you consistently generate remarkable content, your web page becomes an asset to your visitors as a source of information. The more content you share, the more often they will browse your website until they become a regular visitor and eventually, a customer.
- You will have more content to distribute on your social media platforms, amplifying your online presence and broadening your influence. It will build and enhance your virtual presence because if you have a lot of good content relevant to specific searches, search engines like Google will boost your rankings, displaying your company among the top results.
- It will help you build yourself as an expert in your subject matter, creating trust and credibility among your audience through your content, allowing them to return again and again whenever they need an answer within your field of expertise. People purchase from companies that know their stuff and are experts in their field.
But Where Should You Start?
Where you start depends on several factors, such as your company’s objectives, who your audience is or their needs, and even your team’s proficiency and aptitude. Even so, the focus is on the content and whether it provides what your audience is searching for, along with helping you reach your business goals.
So, why should you have a good content marketing strategy, and where should you start?
The first thing to do is shortlist the content you want to share as a startup. The choices are endless as long as you have the budget and passion. However, most content marketing strategies concentrate on a few types.
For example, Blogs, like the one you are reading and enjoying right now, can be a good conversation opener between yourself and your audience. It allows the exchange of ideas, answering your customers’ queries or even publicising product launches and updates. Other types of content include emails, social media content, guides, ebooks, case studies and more.
But where to start? Follow these simple steps below to get yourself started:
- First, set a direction by orienting your content with your business plan of action. Define practical goals for where you want your company to be in five, ten, or even twenty years.
- Research who your audience is or who you want your audience to be. Survey and analyse communities, and choose your content efficiently by addressing your audience’s goals and issues.
- Select and use the right key phrases and words to reach your targeted customers while increasing your SEO.
- Research relevant topics and your competitors’ content to get inspiration for your next content idea by checking their blogs or social media platforms, industry publications, forums, etc.
- Assist your potential and current customers by helping them reach their goals by managing your content as a product as if each piece conveys a specific customer need.
- Pick your distribution channel and promote your content, focus on the right channel and time, and stay consistent.
- Create a content calendar because if your audience is anticipating your blog every Wednesday, then it will become, to some degree, a habit for them to visit your website, eventually leading them to become permanent clients.
- Keep consistently rolling out new content using the right tools, such as Google Analytics, CMS tools, SEO Writing Assistant, etc.
The tips mentioned above are just a start but understand that you cannot anticipate content marketing to be an overnight success for your startup. It will take some preparations, time, diligence, and hard work, but if you follow these suggestions, you can generate traffic and leads for your business for years.
Use the tips shared in this blog post for strategising content marketing. The simpler solution is to contact BOSH International. It’s time to take your online presence to the next level with BOSH International’s content marketing services!